SPARROW Watershed Modeling: Estimation of Nutrient and Sediment Transport
Principal Investigators: Dale M. Robertson and
David A. Saad
Period of Project: October 2005 – Continuing
Publications and Reports
- Robertson, D.M., D.A. Saad, and G.E. Schwarz, 2014. Spatial Variability in Nutrient Transport by HUC8, State, and Subbasin Based on Mississippi/Atchafalaya River Basin SPARROW Models. Journal of the American Water Resources Association. DOI: 10.1111/jawr.12153.
- LaBeau, M.B., Robertson, D.M., Mayer, A.S., and Pijanowski, B.C., 2014, Effects of future urban and biofuel crop expansions on the riverine export of phosphorus to the Laurentian Great Lakes: Ecological Modelling v. 277, p. 27–37, DOI: 10.1016/j.ecolmodel_2014.01.016.
- Robertson, D.M. and D.A. Saad, 2013. SPARROW Models Used to Understand Nutrient Sources to the Mississippi/Atchafalaya River Basin. Journal of Environmental Quality, v. 42, p. 1422-1440.
- Robertson, D.M. and D.A. Saad, 2011. Nutrient Inputs to the Laurentian Great Lakes by Source and Watershed Estimated Using SPARROW Watershed Models. Journal of the American Water Resources Association, v. 47, n. 5, p. 1011-1033.
- Booth, N.L., E.J. Everman, I.-L. Kuo, L. Sprague, and L. Murphy, 2011. A Web-Based Decision Support System for Assessing Regional Water-Quality Conditions and Management Actions. Journal of the American Water Resources Association, v. 47, n. 5, 1136-1150.
- Saad, D.A., G.E. Schwarz, D.M. Robertson, and N.L. Booth, 2011. A Multi-Agency Nutrient Dataset Used to Estimate Loads, Improve Monitoring Design, and Calibrate Regional Nutrient SPARROW Models. Journal of the American Water Resources Association, v. 47, n. 5, p. 933-949.
- Robertson, D.M., Schwarz, G.E., Saad, D.A., and Alexander, R.B., 2009, Incorporating uncertainty into the ranking of SPARROW model nutrient yields from Mississippi/Atchafalaya River basin watersheds Journal of the American Water Resources Association, v. 45, n. 2, p. 534-549.
- Alexander, R.B., Smith, R.A., Schwarz, G.E., Boyer, E.W., Nolan, J.V., and Brakebill, J.W., 2008, Differences in phosphorus and nitrogen delivery to the Gulf of Mexico from the Mississippi River Basin. Environmental Science and Techology, v. 42, n. 3, p. 822-830.
- Smith, R.A., Alexander, R.B., and Schwarz, G.E., 2003, Estimating the natural background concentrations of nutrients in streams and rivers of the conterminous United States, Environ. Sci. Tech., 37, 3039-3047.
- Smith, R.A., Schwarz, G.E., and Alexander, R.B., 1997, Regional interpretation of water-quality monitoring data, Water Resources Research, 33, 12, 2781-2798.
- Robertson, D.M., Saad, D.A., Benoy, G.A., Jenkinson, W., and Johnston, C.M., 29 May 2014, SPARROW Modeling of the Entire Great Lakes Basin. Presented at the International Association of Great Lakes Research, McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada.
- Robertson, Dale M., Saad, D.A., Schwarz, G.E., and Alexander, R.A., 9 April 2014. An Improved Understanding of Nitrogen and Phosphorus Delivery Throughout the Mississippi/Atchafalaya River Basin: Results from Refined Regional SPARROW Models, Hypoxia Task Force Coordinating Committee Conference Call.
- Robertson, D.M., and Saad, D.A., 3 June 2013, Recent Progress in SPARROW Watershed Modeling in the Great Lakes Basin. Presented at the International Association of Great Lakes Research, Purdue University, West Lafayette, Indiana.
- Robertson, Dale M., and Saad, D.A., 2011. New Science and Online Management Tools to Help Guide Action on Nutrients in Rivers of the Upper Midwest Region of the U.S., Especially in the Great Lakes Region
- Robertson, Dale M., Saad, D.A., Alexander, R.A., and Schwarz, G.E. 24 July 2008. SPARROW Modeling – with special emphasis on modeling in the Mississippi River Basin and Upper Midwest, Upper Midwest Partnership Meeting.
- Robertson, Dale and Alexander, Richard. 29 June 2007. SPARROW modeling in the Mississippi and Atchafalaya River Basins (MARB)