Team Staff :
- David P. Krabbenhoft
Team Leader and
(608) 821-3843 email@example.com
- John F. DeWild
Lab Operations and
(608) 821-3846 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jake Ogorek
Biologist and Chemical Hygiene Officer
(608) 821-3819 email@example.com
- Mike Tate
Mobile Mercury Lab Operations
(608) 821-3830 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ryan Lepak
Student Trainee (Hydrology)/Lab Assistant
Sample processing at the Mercury Research Lab
These steps describe the events and steps that we follow to receive, process, and deliver data for your samples. Please contact the Lab staff at email@example.com with any questions about this process.
- Sample cooler arrives. Immediately upon receipt at the laboratory, sample containers are checked against the Cooler Inventory form and Request for Analysis forms. The forms are dated and signed by the person responsible for log-in of the samples. A log-in number is assigned to each sample container that relates the bar code to the project and site, date, time, and depth of collection.
- Sample information is entered into the database. Used or dirty sampling equipment is rinsed with tap water in the prep room and placed in bins to await cleaning. Samples requiring refrigeration or freezing upon receipt are handled appropriately and in a timely fashion to preserve their integrity.
- Samples are processed according to laboratory procedures and analysis type methods. Samples are tracked throughout processing using the bar code on the sample container.
- At any time before you receive lab results, if you determine that the site name, station ID, or other information on the Request for Analysis form is incorrect, contact the Lab immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Data results from the Mercury Research Lab
- Lab analysis results are uploaded to our local database about every 4-6 weeks.
- You will receive an email message that your results are available.
Questions about the following data results should be directed to Alice McCarthy:
- If you have an NWQL customer code, your results will be uploaded into QWDX (qwdata).
- If you do not have a NWQL customer code, your results will be supplied as a Excel file email attachment.
QA reports are curently generated for customers on request.
- data unavailable
- cannot access data
- discrepancy in data results
- missing or incomplete data in QWDX or XLS file
- need to get different format of data