Team Staff :
- David P. Krabbenhoft
Team Leader and
(608) 821-3843 firstname.lastname@example.org
- John F. DeWild
Lab Operations and
(608) 821-3846 email@example.com
- Jake Ogorek
Biologist and Chemical Hygiene Officer
(608) 821-3819 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mike Tate
Mobile Mercury Lab Operations
(608) 821-3830 email@example.com
- Ryan Lepak
Student Trainee (Hydrology)/Lab Assistant
USGS Mercury Research
About the Lab
The USGS Mercury Research Laboratory (MRL) provides assistance and support for USGS regional and national projects in the collection and analysis of low-level mercury samples using ultra trace level clean collection and analytical methods.
The MRL currently performs analyses in filtered and unfiltered water samples for:
- low-level total mercury, and
- methyl mercury.
In addition, the laboratory performs analysis of:
- total and methyl mercury in plant and animal tissue,
- total and dissolved organic carbon in water, and
- total carbon in bedsediment and soil.
What analysis method do you need? See the Analysis Methods page for a cross-reference of the following:
- MRL analysis codes
- NWIS codes
- detection limits
- method reference publication
I'm new to the Lab. How do I get started?
- Read the USGS National Field Manual (NFM) guidance on water sampling.
- Review the "How to Collect a Sample" section of this website.
- Contact the Mercury Lab to order your sampling equipment and to review your sampling situation.
Lab Field Forms
lab forms »